Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lost and Not Found, and counting down the days!

Previosly posted on Tia's blog was the happy information that I had certified to be a tour guide. I was so excited to get my name tag, that on the day we recieved them I wore mine with pride. The next time I wore it was when I was giving my tour to certifiy. Now, it is lost. I am very depressed that my name tag is missing. Don't worry, without it I can still remember my name. Though I have to constantly be reminded by people that I pass on campus. They say, "Hi Tia! How's it going?" and in my head I'm thinking "oh yeah, my name is Tia." But I acknowledge them and move on with my life.

I know you may be wondering why I have to be reminded of my name; well, I'll tell you. There are several boys that live in my hall that have come to start calling me 'katanya'. There is a story behind this. One night I was eating dinner with these four boys. I knew all but one of them. So we were having a great time laughing and such. I recieved a phone call and stepped away to answer it. Later that night, one of them called me 'katanya' and I said "Why are you calling me that?" And he said that while I was on the phone at dinner, the one boy who I didn't know said "Dude! What's her name?" and another boy said, "Dude! You don't know her name? It Katanya!" The one boy went on believing them and now whenever I see those boys they call me katanya.

So you can see why I would need my name tag to be constantly reminded of my REAL name. It can be very confusing. Not to mention the fact that I need my name tag in order to give tours. It is just very depressing.

But on a happier note, I'm counting down days. I don't know if most of you know but, I have a "friend" coming home from his mission in 14 days. Before he left I really liked him. We even went on a few dates. He was a senior in High School when I was a sophmore. I remember the day that I asked him on a date. I was so nervous. It was during lunch and I was standing down the hall from him trying to muster up the courage. He was friends with all the popular guys and they were all standing by eachother. (And guys complain that girls travel in packs! I was all by myself attempting to approach 5 very large senior boys!) So my friend LeAira found me there trying to muster up courage. She helped me, and it turned out that I spent most of the lunch hour mustering. The bell rang and so I just went. I said, "Ben, can I talk to you for a sec?" (of course this triggered snickers from his posse) of course he was the nice guy and said yes to me.

But anyway, back to the story; I have written him most of his mission and I'm way excited to see him! I know that there might not be any love interest between us but I can hope!

So, each day I can have at least one positive moment realizing that he will be home soon. But then usually the day spirals downward. But....... I will survive!! I will survive! Just as long as I know how to love, I know I'll stay alive! (that's part of a song by the way if you didn't catch that)This is the above mentioned missionary. Isn't he cute?

2 comments:

Nathan, Mariann &Talon said...

Hey how are you? I hope you find your name tag so you don't forget your name. :) Make sure you keep us posted with what happens with this missionary of yours. :)

The Beatty Beehive said...

I think you need your mother to come and search for your name tag. Moms are brilliant that way. We have xray vision, eyes in the back of our head, etc. etc. No worries, You'll find it soon. Stay happy and remember the people who gave you your name love you the most! See you soon!