Anyway, so the other day I was at work and my boss is very chill. He called me into his office and I paused in the doorway....... oh crap, my phone is ringing. I excused myself to answer the phone and it said that home was calling, I answered
"Hello?"
"Tia?"
"Larson, I'm at work. I can't talk right now."
"Can I just tell you something real fast? Yesterday we made a rule that we could eat downstairs now. So You can eat downstairs when you come home."
"Thanks Larson. I'm glad you told me. I'll see you on Saturday. bye."
It was cute! My little brother thought it was important for me to know that I can eat downstairs when I come home. At least I know he thinks of me.
Well, I know that most of you want an update on my missionary friend. Ben is amazing! He hasn't been able to spend very much time with me cuz he has so much family. (He's the 13 of 16! I'm not even Kidding!) I think it's so cool that while he was gone he gained 4 new in-laws, and 17 new nieces and nephews! His homecoming was on Sunday and the bishop was giving him a missionary plaque and said that if you wanted to talk to Ben you had to schedule an appointment. He was being funny, but it was true at the same time! It was kinda depressing for me. His talk was excellent. After sacrament meeting, they were trying to get all his family into the priesthood room to set apart his little brother as a priest. and the primary was practicing in the chapel, so I waited in the hall inbetween the 2 rooms. His mom walked past me and asked how I was doing. Then she said, "thank you for writing Ben. Just the other day he said to me, "mom there is only one person who wrote me more than you did'"
Yeah, that's me! So Ben finally came out of the chapel and I gave him a hug and told him he did a good job. Then I asked him how I can schedule an appointment to talk with him. He said that he had so much family over, and said that he would call me.
He did call me and that made me happy! I wasn't leaving until 9:30, and he said that he could make it over before then. He came over and we just talked. It was so great to get some time with him! We watched the Martin's cove trek video cuz he didn't get to see it. and it was time for me to go.
I had previously packed all my stuff in my car, so I said goodbye to my mom and dad and we walked out together. Then..........he gave me a really long hug. lol =)
I hope he can come to our reunion on Saturday, but it's looking like it's not going to happen cuz he has even more family coming down!
Please stayed tuned for further posts on what happens =)
This is all the letters I recieved from Ben.
It's fun to think that all those are addressed to me!
My stack of letters in a big bundle. I haven't even
thought of counting them yet!
5 comments:
It is so fun to hear about all that is going on. I bet Ben becomes a member of the fam! :) I counted I think you have 74 letters. :)
Good luck Tia!!! :) im happy for ya... ill be reading to see what happens and ill hope for the best, though i can already pretty much tell whats gonna happen- you two are so cute!!!
You are always thought of at our house. We just don't feel the need to let you in on all of the "other Business" of family council on a weekly basis. Larson does love you and talks of you often. Just keep that special relationship alive because he will soon grow up and that fun, cute, loveable boy will be a teenager and it won't be "cool" to like your sister. Of course you may be the exception to that rule!
love you!
So fun to hear all the exciting things happening in your life. Keep us posted. Hope all is good at school. Have fun at the reunion this weekend.
Love you.
Hi! Tia: WOW!!!! You look so beautiful! you look totally different from 2 years ago.
Post a Comment