Monday, September 8, 2008

Spiritual Feast!!!!

So Yesterday was the first fast Sunday in my singles ward. I was getting ready for church and I thought about sacrament meeting and I thought it would be so slow, and nobody would get up and bear their testimony. But boy was I wrong! There was a line from the very beginning, and our sacrament went over about 10 minutes. It was awesome and I really appreciated the testimonies that were shared. The spirit was really strong!
At the fireside, Elder Holland spoke and it really was what I needed to hear. He talked about how we all have trials. The prophet Joseph Smith was in Liberty Jail and compared it to Hell but the same time he received revelation from the Lord.
So even when we may be in the most trying times of our lives, we can receive revelation from God. The closing song was beautiful. I had never heard it before but I want to find it again. I think it was called, "My kindness shall never depart from thee" It was very touching!
Then I went to my room, wrote in my journal and read my patriarchal blessing, and received some personal revelation. I was definitely on a spiritual high!
I'm really excited, because Juniper is going to have a ward choir. Our ward was actually too big to fit in the room we were assigned to they had to change our ward time and meeting place. We have around 180 members in our ward. It's probably the first time that has ever happened! It's going to be great to have a choir! I've met so many new people and I'm excited to get to know everyone in my building (which could take awhile) but I'll get there.
I love you all, but more importantly, remember that Heavenly Father is always there and loves you no matter what!

1 comment:

The Beatty Beehive said...

You are an amazing girl. I am so excited for you and the experiences you are having. I love reading about your latest adventures. Stay happy.
mamabee