Monday, January 5, 2009

I've come to realize.....

Okay, I'm just warning you all right now, this is going to be a long post. I've got alot I want to talk about.


First off, Snow stinks!! It's my first day back at school and it's been snowing since 11 o'clock and on my way to class, it's a miracle I haven't fell. I have slipped a few times...it's been a close call. And I know alot of people say, "but snow is so beautiful!" oh yeah?! well, try living in it! last night and 7:30 pm...guess what the temperature was? Freakin' 11 degrees!!

But I was on my way to my 9 o'clock class and came across some very funny things. I was walking past some people and this one guy said, "it's so fudgen' cold!!" yeah...fundgen'. like "fudge" I smiled and kinda laughed to myself. The words people come up with. but then I was almost to class when i saw a guy wearing a short-sleeved Tshirt. I thought he was crazy!!

so, yes, I'm not enjoying the cold AT ALL!!! I'm seriously considering transfering to a different school that is closer to my home.


Secondly, I've been thinking alot about getting married and what I want my wedding to be like and such. There was a time when I wanted a big reception and this dress....
This dress cost close to a thousand dollars. I think it's so gorgeous but now that I've thought about it and found someone that I love so much, I know that I wouldn't care about the dress, just as long as it's white and I can wear it in the temple. and I don't care about a big reception, just as long as I can share my joy and happiness with the people I love. And people that I'm going to be with for eternity. and I know that no matter what happens I'm going to happy to be sealed forever in the Lord's house.
And I know alot of you might be thinking, "oh my! is she engaged?" but no I'm not. I've just been thinking about it alot.
My family is so important to me and i love them TONS AND TONS!!! I'm so glad that I was able to spend christmas with them and I'm going to miss them!! I won't be able to go home on the weekends so much any more but I'll still get to see them!! and I hope they know how much I love them!!

5 comments:

Melissa and Michael said...

just so you know the St. George temple has curtain requirments for the dress like it cant have a lot of ruffles or beeding or lace. I was upset abou this cause I found out after I got my dress then they sweet temple ladies and my mom reminded me that if I just wear my temple dress then every time I go to the temple I am actually wearing my wedding dress so that is something to think about. Oh and about the reception. I had a huge reception, funny thing is, first we didn't spend much at all and second I only remember about a hand full of people that came because Mike and I were so happy just to be together. So mostly the reception isn't for you it is for everyone else.

Denise said...

Okay, so maybe you aren't engaged, but it sure sounds like it is going pretty well.

And I am soooo happy for you.

I too got married in a temple dress and I love going the temple in the dress that I was married in. They have some really lovely temple dresses out there...so I too would give it some thought.

And as for big receptions...you can make it what you want, you just need to take some time to enjoy it. Big or small, try the cake. Have some food. Enjoy.

It's your day, and I think there may come a day when you wished you had enjoyed it all just a little more.

I can't wait to hear updates on all this!

Paulette said...

Tia you are such a sweet spirit, every time I am around you I am so grateful to be your aunt. I know you will be blessed in your righteous living. Stay warm, it is cold down here too!

Melissa and Michael said...

Oh like Denise said. Try the food. you paid for it you may as well eat some. me, I didn't get any of my food but I did eat a really good taco bell bean burrito while I was in line. Just remember, its your day you do what you want to. I sure did

The Beatty Beehive said...

You make me laugh! We were thrilled to have you and Ashli home for a while. It actually felt like the good ole days. Just hanging around laughing, watching movies, and talking in the kitchen. I didn't enjoy those good ole days enough! My favorite part this holiday was hearing my kids in the piano room singing and playing the piano. LOVED IT!!! I'm addicted to my kids! They are all so amazingly awesome!

(I love having background music as I type my feelings):)

Stay warm and happy!