Saturday, August 29, 2009

One down...One to go; but thinking of someone else

Well, I figure that only people I care about read my blog which is a good thing :) cuz then I post about whatever I want! wha ha ha!

so, today have not only one date, but TWO!! I'm inbetween dates right now (that sounds like "i'm in between men right now") haha and I've just been doing some thinking.

first off, I had a really good time on my first date of the day. we played raquetball, went to dairy queen, went to a friend's recital, then went to dinner. He wanted to go to a movie but if you put all this together, that is a REALLY long date! (plus I'd be late for my other date) now this is only my second date with this guy and I don't know him super well but tell me if you think this is a sign.....
I kept thinking of someone *else* while I was with him.
I tried to keep bringing myself back and focusing on him, but little things kept reminding me of another *boy*.
Crazy?....um yeah

but my date later tonight could have the same effects. I don't think it would happen if we were doing something other than going to a demo derby (which I have gone to one with *boy*) so that's the only problem I see with tonights date.
I actually really like this guy that I'm going on a date with tonight. He's a nice guy and I think we're good friends. I guess I should ammend my statement and say I actually really like this guy AS A FRIEND. but you never know when something could develop from friendship.

But I have learned something about myself:
I want to be wanted. (does that make sense?) I don't want to have to go chasing after some guy. I want guys to chase me.
so tip to the guys out there.........................
let me know that you want me by showing me you want me :)

6 comments:

Rach said...

Amen sista!!!

Denise said...

I hope you will take your own words to heart.

It isn't just that you want to be wanted...you DESERVE to be wanted.

Don't settle.

When the right guy comes along he will want you and be crazy about you and do all that he can to show you.

Don't settle!

When your uncle Troy and I got together...he had never bought a girl dinner at a nice restaurant...he had never bought flowers...never done any of those things that he did with me.

He really liked me and I really liked him...and we were able to be crazy about each other.

Not just me crazy for him.

You DESERVE that.

Hold out for it.

It's worth it!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Boys are stupid. You need a man. There is a big difference trust me! I learned that on a recent date!

Chelsey said...

Denise summed up what I think. You totally deserve to be wanted. They should chase you, not you chase them. Love ya girl.. enjoy the dating world parts of me miss it!

The Beatty Beehive said...

Sounds like the guys ARE chasing you, but you are too busy looking for other guys!!! Stop and enjoy the ones that are there right now! Have fun!

The Beatty Beehive said...

By the way... Aunt Denise is right on the mark with her comments.
Don't settle...