Monday, August 3, 2009

I've got skills.....lots of them

So I was at work today and I was quite bored. (it was one of the slow moments) and I was just thinking about the different jobs I've had and the skills I've learnied from those jobs.

First Job Ever: Mr. Sudz Carwash
Let me tell you, I've seen dirty cars. If you want a classified "dirty" car, just let me know and I'll be the one to pass judgement. I've had to clean some dirty cars in my day. But now I don't like going to Mr. Sudz cuz I sit there and it feels like freakin' forever for them to vacuum my car. So I just do it myself. So life skill learned: know how to properly clean the car

Deseret Labs
this job is hard to talk positive about. I really didn't like working there but how many 15-16 year olds could be earning $8-9 an hour? I did it for the money.
One lesson I did learn: how to entertain myself through hours of boring work

Movie theater
Possible the most fun job I've ever had. I LOVED working there! the people I worked with were so fun! and back then I actually knew what movies were coming out and what they were about.
skill learned at the theater: really fast at giving back change

Farm Bureau Financial Services
tied for worst job ever. basically telemarketing and who likes telemarketers? and it wasn't fun that I was by myself and being rejected over 100 times a day. (that could do something to a person's self esteem ya know)
Skill: don't take what people say personal

Hurricane Valley Volleyball Club
A very interesting job for me. Teaching little girls how to play volleyball. It helped me learn and grow in my own way. I learned that I actually liked teaching people and seeing them progress and get better and love something that I love!
skill: helping people understand correctly

Zion Park Gift and Deli
current job. and I like it. It's especially nice when it's busy cuz then the time goes by fast. I've learned some international sign language haha (which consists of pointing and raising my eyebrows and shaking and nodding my head) but I've learned how to make some awesome sandwhiches and scoop some good ice cream.
Skill: international communication, sandwhich making, big muscles (my right arm is huge while my left are is pitifully small. I'll start scooping ice cream left handed)

So all in all I've learned alot through my past job experiences. who knows what is yet to come! :)

p.s. it's ben's birthday tomarrow and I'm planning a fun surprise! I'll post pictures later and I'm not worried about him reading this cuz I don't think he ever reads my blog haha

luvs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow lots of skills! It's true that my right hook could probly knock a guy out while if I hit him left handed, I feel he would laugh.