Well yesterday was my birthday. wow......19! It doesn't really feel any different. To tell the truth, it didn't really feel like a birthday either. There wasn't anything really special going on, I just had school (whoopie) and I even gave a tour yesterday. Basically the only thing different was that people were saying, "Happy Birthday!" and honestly I was wondering how some people knew! But I was texting some of my friends and they asked if I was doing anything fun. and I said no. I went to dinner with Ashli and her fiance, Josh. That was fun. Then I went and played volleyball for alittle bit. Rachel text me and asked if she could pick me up and we could go do something.
So while I was waiting for her, I was texting Ryan and he said, "You're 19 and you're not out partying?" and I said, "I don't have any friends here" and he said, "I'm sorry, come down here and we'll party"
anyway then Rachel calls me and says she's outside so I walk outside (its dark outside of course) and I open the passenger door and the light turns on...........
Ryan and Ben are hiding in the back seat!!! oh it was the greatest surprise!! It really made my birthday FEEL like my birthday. ya know what I mean!
I was so happy!! I'm so blessed to have AMAZING FRIENDS who care about me!! Thanks Rachel, Ben, and Ryan!
but of course I was reading blogs today and Kyle's blog was about how grateful he is. and he asked people to comment on things they were grateful for. So I was commenting and just decided that I should write my own post instead of writing an epistle on his comments. haha
but I'm SO GRATEFUL for my life!! yeah, there are hard times and decisions that we have to make but those decisions and chocies help us to be better people.
The gospel is the single most important thing in my life. Without it, I would be so unhappy and lost. Because of the gospel I know that I can live forever with my family! and I know that my Savior, my big brother, died for me. He bled for me and through him I can be clean and live with my Heavenly Father again. and also with the gospel, what is more beautiful on this earth than the Temples? We are given a place on earth were we can block out the things of the world and just feel our Father's love! I love just going to the temple! It is so calming.
Where would I be in life without music? It is amazing what can happen to our emotions when we listen to music. It truly has a way to get to our souls and touch us. I'm so happy that I'm going to be teaching it someday! I love music and just want to share that love with others.
Friends! I love my friends so much! I'm so glad that they uphold standards that are important to me and that I can talk to them and they support me and give me advice. and we have so much fun together! I love you guys!!
Family......I love my family so much! I'm so so so blessed to be born into the family that I have. We are so supportive of eachother and I know that I can always turn to my family no matter what trial I'm in and they will support me. Including my extended family: grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, cousins....I love them so much and I'm so glad that they accept me the way I am.
Life is just great! as long as I have my family, the gospel, my friends and some tunes to sing.....
I'll be just fine :D
you're turn---->
4 comments:
I wanted to call you yesterday and have the sing you aong but realized I didn't have your number. So HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!! And you are especially thankful for your Aunt Megan, huh!
Happy birthday kiddo.
I am grateful for cute nieces who make me smile.
Happy Birthday!! i love music too and wanted to say thank you for always having awesome music on your blog! :) your awesome through and through thats all there is to it.
You are one of my blessings! Stay happy! love you always... heaps and heaps!
Post a Comment