It seems like it's been FOREVER since I blogged! Whew! I'm finally glad that I have time to sit down and write down some thoughts. Ben is out for the night, and I always tend to stay up later when he isn't home. Weird.
This past weekend we went up to Logan for Ashli's graduation. I'm SOOOO proud of her! Graduating is a BIG deal! And I'm so glad that we were able to go up and support her! Trey did so good on the trip! But by the time we reached Cedar on the way home, he was just plain FINISHED with his car seat. I was so glad when we got home and he was able to crawl around and be free! He was pretty happy too :) I went shopping with Ashli while we were up there and I got some SUPER cute clothes! They are all so pretty and colorful! I'm really liking having some new colors in my wardrobe. My other ones were boring!
(By the way, this new blogger layout, I'm not sure if I'm really digging it. Just Saying)
I have to confess that ever since I got pregnant with Trey, I would find these spurts of motivation to get in shape. Especially after I had the baby, then I'd get super motivated for like a couple weeks, then I would stop being so motivated and gain some weight back. Right before Christmas, up until the end of January I had lost about (give or take) 20 lbs! I was super stoked! I was going over to my parent's house because they had a treadmill and I would run while the baby slept. At the end of January, most of my family got sick, so I was basically banned from entering their house until they got better so that Trey wouldn't catch anything. I appreciate that they didn't want my baby sick, but after that........motivation gone.
Then another spurt of motivation lasted maybe a week. I'm so lame. And other spurts of motivation came and went. Then about a week and a half ago, I was thinking of all the times I had been motivated but not followed through indefinitely. Then I got frustrated at myself! Why couldn't I just see any of this through? Yeah it was hard to find me time with my baby, but I couldn't use that as an excuse! There are moms out there who have a baby, work, and still find time to stay fit and eat healthy! So I told myself that I was really going to see it through this time!
I made a motivation board and even talked to Ben about a reward if I reached my goal. I'm currently trying to save up for a camera. He told me that if I reached the milestone of being just 10lbs away from my goal weight, then he would buy it for me! Wow! And he totally supports me 100%
So I've slowly started working on making the things I do to stay healthy a habit. I've started doing a little cardio in the morning and some toning exercises at night. I've started drinking more water (which results in more trips to the bathroom!)
The diet part seems so ominous to me. I know that I'll be able to eat the food. But the part that I'm not excited about is the buying(expensive!) and the preparing(time!) So my plan is to use the money I get from teaching piano lessons and use that to buy my diet/exercise necessities. That way, our budget isn't effected and I can still make progress. Then my plan for the preparing is just to do a whole week's worth of cooking and store it in the fridge. I think that will be easier on me, and I'll just have to make it a weekly thing. :)
I'm super excited for the possibilities of being a healthier me! and ya know, being skinnier will be a bonus too! ha ha
(I wouldn't mind tackling this diet/exercise plan with someone. If you're interested let's talk, but only if you're in this 100%. You have to know that I won't wait for you or hold your hand. You have to want to do this for you *and you deserve it!* I'm going to continue to do what I need to do. It would just be nice to have someone hold me accountable, and someone to report my progress to)
No comments:
Post a Comment