Monday, February 9, 2009

Funny Story!!!

So, this is a story that also shows just how blonde I am sometimes. haha. So I was in History and I usually take my laptop to history so that I can just type notes instead of writing them. My professor puts up slides on a powerpoint and we just copy them down while he lectures. Any way, he uses alot of Roman Numerals. And one day, I was sitting by my friend and I said, "oh my gosh, how do you do Roman Numerals on a computer?! I just can't figure it out!"
and she says, "it's just i's and v's" and she said it with a totally straight face!
Haha! I could not stop laughing at my stupidity!! It probably would have been better if she'd laugh and then tell me, but no, she said it with a totally striaight face and completely serious.
So I've come to realize a couple things.......

I. Now I know how to do Roman Numerals
II. if I do something stupid, I would rather have someone laugh with me, than just look at me like I'm stupid
III. Who came up with Roman Numerals anyway?
IV. why do we need roman numerals when we have numbers like 1, 2, 3, 4.....
V. and I hope you all get a really good laugh out of this :D (cuz I think it's hilarious!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha I will laugh with you!!! That is a great story! I haven't known how to do roman numerals untill recently then I just figured it out one day :)

Paulette said...

I thought it was very funny!! I can't believe she didn't laugh with you. Thanks for sharing- great post made me laugh.
Love you, Aunt Paulette

Unknown said...

thats pretty dang funny!!! haha. and thanks for the advice:) my only problem is when i study it out in my heart and mind i usually overanalyze... haha but no you're totally right and thanks again you're awesome. :)

Nathan, Mariann &Talon said...

HA HA! that is so funny. Hey i tagged you!

Anonymous said...

http://www.unrv.com/culture/roman-numerals.php