Sunday, March 16, 2008

Growing Up

Last night at Whitney and Claire's birthday party it was really fun. Claire and I thought it would be good idea to teach everyone how to play 'silent football'. It's a game that we learned how to play at the SUU leadership retreat. It was so much fun when we played with the ambassadors at SUU I thought it would be fun to play with my friends. Boy was I wrong! There were a couple of boys who really didn't get the idea. They were being snobs and totally ruining the game. After a while I stopped the game and told them how if you just went along with it and tried to be funny, it could be a really fun game. The game did progress to be quite fun, but not as fun as it was at SUU. It makes me so Excited for college, and being able to hang out with people who are not afraid to be weird and laugh at themselves.

Today in young women's we talked about families. It was a really good lesson. Toward the end my teacher pointed out to the three seniors in the room that we were going to go out into the world and pretty soon have families of our own. The teacher and the bishop (who was visiting our class) kept bringing up that we were going to have families of our own throughout the whole lesson. I was thinking "can we stop bringing that up? I understand that I will someday in the near future, I will have a family of my own. Right now I'm kinda scared to talk about it." But someday I'll have to face the facts.

No comments: