So first off, I just have to let you know that my photography website (tm-photography-ut.blogspot.com) is on hold right now because of the following story.
I was browsing through a coupon book (kinda like Dixie Direct, but NOT) and I saw an ad for TM Photography. There were 4 pictures in the ad, two of which were mine. I sent a picture to my Mom, and she called me and told me her first reaction was "You put an ad in a magazine?!" Sorry mom, no I didn't. This TM Photography is by Vicki Somebody.or.other and they used My pictures to advertise her business! I don't blame this Vicki person though. I know another Lady that had an add in this coupon book and she said that they didn't even run a proof by her before they published it. She just saw her ad and they had taken pictures from her blog.
It's still really upsetting though. Someone else is getting credit for my pictures. She could even be getting clients because of how great my pictures are. The thing that is so crazy about this whole thing is that I NEVER thought this would happen to me! I only take pictures for friends and family! I've only ever heard of this happening to other people. So now I'm in the process of probably coming up with another name for my photography. If you want an invite to the blog, you can totally have one, just let me know. :) I'm kinda glad that it's happened before I get REALLY serious in my photography. Aftermath of this whole story is........lesson learned.
On to happier things. Trey is now 9 Months old! I'm still doing his pictures so we'll have his pictures and 9 month post soon.
I'm doing super good on my weight loss goal so far. Ben promised me that if I lost a certain amount of weight then he would buy me the camera that I am desperately wanting :) I just love that guy so much! I'm doing good and I'm super excited for my prize at the end. It sure does keep me motivated :)
My nephew Tyler is getting married the end of next month and I'm super excited for him! She is such a cute girl and they just "match". Ya know how some couples look so good together? Well that's these two, and I'm excited that I will get to help with their engagement pictures :)
2 comments:
That is horrible! I'm sorry :( Things like that make you not want to trust people!
So, I totally saw that ad! (I went and checked one of the discount books lying around at work) and ya that's soooo lame I'm sorry.
Post a Comment