Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My biggest blessing and greatest Treasure

Now from the title you might think I'll write something about my baby boy, and while I do love my little guy I'm actually going to write about my wonderful, hott, selfless, gorgeous, smart, amazing lover. AKA My husband Ben.
Just to start getting you in the mood for V-DAY :)
Oh and just so you can know just how good looking he is.. here are some pictures to prove it!

























So, just to clarify, I know that I am so blessed to be married to Ben. But recently I've been thinking of so many reasons that he is the biggest blessing in my life So I'd kinda like to share some of them with you.
So I'm going to let you all in on a secret.......I don't really get dressed up very often. I'm more of a comfy before beauty kind of a person. I don't do a whole lot with my hair, lots of jewelry kind of bugs me, and I don't like to wear a lot of make up and I usually just use mascara.
Here's the blessing: Ben doesn't care what I wear, he only buys me really simple jewelry that I like, his favorite outfit to see me in is jeans and a white Tshirt, and he likes it when I don't wear makeup! He's always telling me that I don't need make up and that is SUCH a compliment. I was thinking that what if I married a man who cared so much about his social standing that every time we went out of the house together, I had to look "perfect". That would put so much pressure on me as a wife, I probably wouldn't be able to handle it! I'm so blessed to have a husband who encourages my natural beauty and loves me in my sweats and tshirt :)
Here's another thing, (Ben might actually get a little embarrassed if he hears this from someone else) but we (meaning Ben) don't even own a gun. For Ben (and especially for some of his friends and family) that's like a #1 priority. So here's where Ben totally spoils me and puts me over things he wants: he donates plasma for some extra money. Originally it was supposed to be saved up for a truck, but he bought me a piano. I assumed that he would save up money for a gun but he is always using it to take us out to dinner, or to go to the movies. He's always spending it on me when he could be using it for things that he wants. Where did I get so lucky to get a man like him?
And I would LOVE to buy him the things that he wants but I just barely started teaching piano lessons and I can't donate plasma because I'm breastfeeding.....and it's not like I can use the money that he makes from work to give him a present. (I always feel so lame when I do that on Christmas and his birthday). And he's not asking for anything in return but one of my wishes is to just give him EVERYTHING that he wants.
I would really love to do something special for him on Valentines Day. I'm thinking this or this (thanks pinterest) and I doubt he'll find out about it unless one of YOU tell him, so keep it a secret! :)
I just love this man so much and he is the PERFECT match for me! Sometimes I think, "WHAT did I do in the pre-mortal existence to deserve such an amazing man as my eternal partner?" Well, whatever I did, it must have pretty epic.
We have our disagreements but we always work them out and kiss and make up :) He is such an example of selfless-ness to me and I'm so thankful that I have such a wonderful example for my children, especially my little boy :) He's got a great role model
I love you Ben!!

2 comments:

The Beatty Beehive said...

You are both blessed to have each other. So happy for you both! :)

Claire said...

Aren't husbands amazing? I'm thinking we both have been terribly blessed.