Thursday, April 14, 2011

Remebering Blessings

I was thinking about the struggles we've been going through, but then I remember the very many blessings that God has given us. It is really good for me to look back and see what Heavenly Father has done for us, and that he does care about us and everything will be alright.

Here is a re-post of a huge blessing. I remember how I felt when this happened and I was just so thankful. God has blessed us in so many ways.

8/9/2010

Tell of Tale...

WARNING!!!! this is a kind of long post, and it's kind of hard to understand as well.

So, we moved up to Cedar. Both of us jobless. Ben started school. I'm looking for a job.

That is the scenario folks. Ben is a little hesitant about getting a job because he doesn't do too well with school. So he wants to be able to focus on his school work. And he has a reason to be worried because he is taking a 2 yr program in 10 months. That is alot of cramming. So I wanted to be able to kinda "provide" for our family while we're both in school. Young married couples do it all the time right?
But Cedar is a whole different story.......nobody is hiring.
I started looking for a job the day after we moved here. I was thinking maybe I could work at a daycare since I really liked that stuff. So I went and applied at a daycare here in town. I applied other places and by the end of the week...still nothing. We had a family reunion in Hurricane so I didn't really worry about it. though in the back of my mind every night I kept wondering how we were going to survive if we didn't find jobs!
Today: Monday August 9, 2010.
Ben woke up and went to school. I laid in Bed for a little while having terrible dreams. When I woke up I did my dance workout, put up decorations, cleaned house, and got all cute- ready to take on the employment world.
Before I left, at approximately 11:30 I got down on my knees and prayed to my Heavenly Father that I could find a job to support our little family. Ben has sacrificed so much for me and I want to be able to support him while he strives for a career he's interested in.
I started on the south end of town with a couple of business. I put in at a couple of daycares, an office supply store, and a couple other businesses. Then I headed to the University, I looked at the job posting they have on campus, and there was one that could possibly work with my schedule so I filled out an application and on my way to deliver it I stopped to ask Jared Wilken if I could use him as a reference (he is the Presidential Ambassador leador). I walked in the Welcome Center and Paula (the secretary) said, "Hey! Are you coming back?" I said that I was and she asked what I was up to. I told her I was looking for a job and wanting to talk to Jared and she said, "Do you want a job here? It would be the old job that you were doing."
and I said, "ugh I want to so bad but I need something with at least 20 hours."
Paula: How many did you work last year?
Me: I was only allowed 10
Kirk (who is going to be my "supervisor"): well we can find something else for you to do
Paula: yeah, you can do some data entry for me as well
Me: really? oh that'd be so great!
Paula: how much did you get paid last year?
Jared (who had just walked by): Tell her $10 an hour
Me: just min. wage
Paula to Jared and kirk: we could move her up cuz she's experienced
Jared: I don't see why not
Me: oh I prayed this morning that I would find a job
Kirk: what time?
Me: 11:30ish
Kirk: really? that's when we got out of our meeting and we were talking about who could do this job, and I said to everyone, "Tia is coming back. Do you think she would do it?"
Me: OH! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!
(we all laugh)
Kirk: so I'll talk to you at the retreat and we'll get things going

I just feel so blessed right now! Heavenly Father has blessed me so much! I was really nervous that I wouldn't find a job this week. Then this weekend basically all the students are moving in and after that, it could be near impossible to find a job.
Thank you for all of you who I know were saying a little prayer for our family. We were extreamly blessed to find this program for Ben, find a cheap housing, and for me finding a job!
The church is true and God does hear and answer prayers!!!!!!

No comments: