6:30am: Wake up and read scriptures with my Hubby with my new scriptures that he and my parents gave me with my "new" Name on them
7:00am: get ready and cute for my birthday :) every girl needs to spice up her birthday right? I curled my hair while my hubby made me French Toast (My fav)
8:00am: get to work and realize that in my hurry to get ready and have time to eat breakfast that I forgot to put on makeup. None at all. So I make plans to go home and put some on at 11
8:45am: I win the Kony Country birthday drawing for cake and flowers (best thing that happened all day)
10:00am: My music theory class where I realize that my friend who is accompanying me in a recital two days away isn't in class for the second day in a row. I call him and he tells me that he's out of town!
For the entire weekend due to a death in the family.
I therefore start freaking out because he has the music!
11:00am: Run to the secretary's office to find out that even IF he was here, the recital is full. All of the recitals are full. Here is where I really start freakin out because I need to play to pass my class!
She tells me to talk to the department chair...... who isn't in right now.
So I run home, put on some makeup, grab a bagel, run to the bank, then back to the college because I have a sight-singing test at 11:45 for Aural Skills. I take my test then run up to the choir room for choir
12:00pm: Choir, luckily this class is taught by the department chair so I figure I can corner him after class.
The choir sings happy birthday to me and then I hear ALOT of people say,
"who's Tia?" (actually quite hilarious)
One guy after the song said, "Happy Birthday Tia" and I turned around to thank him
and he was looking the opposite direction.
So then I said thanks and he turned and said, "oh, so you're tia" haha
12:55: talk to the department chair and he says that I can move to different recital, we just need to ask the secretary which one isn't as full. but guess what?......she's out to lunch.
1:00pm: run to the science building for astronomy where I'm surprised with a test (I could have sworn he said it was on Friday!!!) I freak out because I don't have a scan tron.
(Also because I didn't study)
(but I got my test back today (4/6) and I got a B)
Then I freak out because if the test is today then that means the questions are due at 3!
1:50pm: Run back to the music building to meet the department chair to see if the secretary was there yet.
She wasn't.
2:00pm: Run to the library to type up the questions due for astronomy and I barely make to the science building by 2:45 to turn them in.
(I would have gotten a lot better score on the test if I had done them before I took it)
2:50pm: run back to the department chair and finally meet up with the secretary and we set a date for me to play in the recital.
3:00pm: Brass Methods. ugh. my baritone tasted awful when I would breathe in to play a note.
(no i didn't lick it)
4:00pm: Get home and tell my husband that even though we said that we weren't going to watch TV, that I was going to watch a movie because I wanted to.
6:15pm: head out to practice for the Relief Society Birthday program that I was playing in.
6:30pm: play "O My Father" for relief society
8:00pm: come home just dead
All-in-all, it was not exactly the way I wanted to spend my birthday. I even thought about pulling the "but it's my birthday" card a couple of times and literally thought about dropping out of school even though there are only 4ish weeks left.
I know this is a long post, but I just wanted to let you know that even if you didn't do anything on Your birthday.........................just be grateful that all of this ^^^^ didn't happen to you :)
3 comments:
Birthdays just aren't the same as you get older LOL
You made me tired just reading about it. Glad you survived.
I knew you had a new blog and I kept meaning to find it...so I did. And I was also wondering when you were going to have a baby so I was so excited to see you are pregnant! That's so exciting :) congratulations! When are you due. It sounds like it's around the same time I was. SO exciting :)
Post a Comment