Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Feeling weird

So baby update real fast. I'm almost 16 weeks and I feel good. I haven't felt the baby move yet but I'm sure that will come within the next month.
Well, I'm starting to show. Just a little bit and I'm really struggling with it. My clothes don't fit and that's really frustrating. And today someone noticed and commented to me and honestly I don't know if I'm ready to start showing. It is REALLY hard for me not to feel fat. It is so weird because I know I'm not fat, just pregnant. It's going to be so crazy when I'm huge and just impossible to hide. I don't know what I'll do. But I'm really struggling with it today.
But that's my main weird feeling. I just can't help but feel self-conscious. Any advice to help me feel better about myself? Of course my husband doesn't understand because he's not a girl and doesn't know what we girls put ourselves through.
Worst part of every morning is deciding what to wear. I hate it. I will literally stand in front of my closet for 10 minutes sometimes trying to decide. Or I'll put something on and then decide I don't want to wear it and try for something else. It just makes for a very frustrating morning.
So this is me writing about my frustrations and trying to deal with it. But on the bright side, my birthday is coming up and spring is coming and school is almost over! Oh and we find out what we're having in about 4 weeks!
Want to know something REALLY cool? Well, Ben and I have really been struggling financially and we barely live paycheck to paycheck. If we didn't get tons of stuff from our parents we would probably starve. haha that's not the cool part. But here it is: We had paid our tithing from our last check and paid our bills and such and basically had no money for food. We were living off my WIC stuff and then Ben decided that we were going to cash in our little piggy bank that we had on our dresser. It would give us a little extra money to get through. I thought there was only going to be $10 in there and Ben thought there would only be $13. But when Ben got home from cashing it, it was exactly the same amount of money that we had paid for tithing! Isn't that SO COOL?! God has blessed us in so many ways and I just know that if we keep paying our tithing we'll be all right :)

2 comments:

Our Jarvis Jive said...

Hey. I had the same issue, that first half is tough because you don't show enough or you show just enough to look like you have a pooch stickin out. How i helped this was just mentally remembering that pregnant bellies can be one of the cutest things on earth, from that point on I just enjoyed it, you only get that baby to yourself for a few more months. :) I am sure you look beautiful!!

p.s.-I miss being pregnant now, and I really miss feeling my little baby move in my belly...now I have to share him with everyone. ;P ha ha enjoy it!

The Beatty Beehive said...

Let's go shopping for your b'day!! love you! mamabee