Thursday, September 30, 2010

Getting in Shape

So as most of you know, Ben is playing Rugby with the SUU club team. And if you ask me, he has gotten into great shape! (so sexy! is it possible for him to get even more handsome than when I married him?....I think so!) anyway, being my usual self I was feeling fat and miserable and just terribly out of shape. So I decided that I would start walking in the mornings (ben graciously comes with me, cuz I'm scared) I also just barely started doing ZUMBA on Mondays with some of my girl friends and it's actually really fun!! I've started to eat healthier and really feel good about myself!
Of course it definitely helps to have an amazing husband who tells me I'm beautiful several times a day. I do have a goal in mind with a specific date in mind and we'll just have to see if I get there. But I have to tell you that on mornings when I don't get up and go walking, I feel so lethargic. I really want to make my route longer, but I don't have that much time in the morning so I'm thinking that I'll just walk my regular route in the morning and if I have time in the afternoon, I'll walk some more while Ben is at Rugby or playing basketball. I'm still struggling with some of my snacking habits. I LOVE chocolate and that is sometimes my biggest struggle.
Do any of you have any recipes for light snacks or dinners. I know fruits and veggies are good and I've tried to incorporate those more.

Funny thing real quick, Ben and I decided that we were going to plant strawberries next spring. Just because we love them so much! I mean, I LOOOOVVVEEEE Strawberries. Who doesn't right? haha

Other than that, Ben just finished his first few classes at school and starting some new ones. He learning lots and becoming very skilled in the car area.
I'm doing some observation at a middle school in the area. And as I look back on my middle school years, I really don't remember that much. But that's okay with me! Middle school does not look fun!

Just a little update on us. Still nothing too exciting to report. Once Ben has his first Rugby Game, I'll post some pics :)

2 comments:

Rach said...

Burke says he'll play on the rugby team with Ben if (when...I hope!) we move to Cedar!

The Beatty Beehive said...

You are such a great example for me! Keep it up and keep making Ben go with you in the mornings. Safety First!!!