Do you ever have that one person at school or work, or just in life, that bugs the crap out of you? But for some reason you can't justify it in your head?
Well I'm am in a current situation such as this. There is this boy that is in quite a few of my classes that just annoys me up the wazoo. And yesterday, I just let it get to me so much that it ruined the rest of my day and evening. I was in a bad mood and I chose to be that way. I chose to let him bother me.
Now he doesn't purposely try to ruin my day. He is doing it unconsciously and yesterday I asked myself, "why do I let him bother me? Why do I choose to be annoyed?" I had a deep personal conversation with myself as to why I choose this stuff and what I could do to be better.
My mood was actually pretty glum/rude all last night and Ben asked what was wrong and it actually took me awhile to figure out that it was this boy who I let annoy me, that determined my mood. Ben and I then had a discussion as to how I could better myself and make it so I didn't let him bother me. Ben suggested serving him (which was a good idea) but I had no idea how. So, we decided that I needed to pay him compliments (without further enlarging his already huge ego. that's the main reason he bugs me). And realize that he is really good at what he does and has worked hard to be that way.
It's going to be hard for me, but I want to be a better person. I want to be able to just turn away, or say something nice about him when others are belittling him.
Is it bad that one reason I don't like someone is that they are too proud and boastful? It kinda just makes me laugh at myself that I'm annoyed at him for not being humble. weird? I dunno
Well there ya go ladies and gentlemen, be humble or I just might not like you haha :) Is that boastful and prideful of me that I think some people are proud and boastful? Maybe I'm priding myself on my humility and that's like an oxymoron. Weird, weird, weird.
2 comments:
You are such a good person to even recognize the problem. Good luck!
That was a deep and thought provoking post. Maybe he is just trying to fake it until he makes it... maybe he wants to be as awesome on "bob" as you are... so he pretends he's good, hoping it will get him somewhat closer to your awesomeness!!! :)
Post a Comment