Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Catching up!!

Wow! It's been a crazy couple of weeks! I had a hard time sleeping because I was so nervous about the move and such, but we're settling in just great! I'll have to do a different post on our new house some other time.
Firstly, Ben and I took a vacation just before we moved. We went up to SLC and did a session at the temple. It was AMAZING! and I just loved it! It is so amazing to me that our ancestors built such an incredible building with the tools that they had. The detail inside just astounds me. I have a picture of us outside the temple, but it's on my phone so I'll have to get it for ya.
Anyway after the temple, we went to the anniversary inn. We stayed in the capitol retreat and it was so great! the tub was my favorite.
Please notice that our "bookcase" is actually a door to the bathroom! SO COOL!
And also notice the rose petals on the floor. I thought they were so romantic but Ben thought they were annoying. oh well, I told him that if he wanted to be romantic with me, roses and rose petals were a really great start. :)
It was so great to stay in a nice place where we could just be with each other for one night. I actually paid for all of the vacation, so I didn't tell Ben how much anything cost




The next day we went to the Zoo. It was really quite fun.  We watched a "Birds of Flight" show and that was probably my favorite thing. So many amazing birds flew right over our heads. It was pretty sweet.
Sadly they didn't send this guy ----> soaring over our heads. While that would have been awesome, someone might have gotten hurt. But aren't these birds beautiful? They are so majestic and strong. No wonder they are the Nation's symbol
This is an Arranutang (?) and I just thought his face was SOOO funny looking. but he probably thought  my face was funny looking too.

I really think Ben knows were his origins lie. It's hard to tell because of the glare but Ben is face to face with a Gorrilla. They're just staring at each other. I think I can see some resemblance haha
The Tiger is one of Ben's favorite animals. I love them too. They are so beautiful. And of course we both are Hurricane Tigers :)
(This is a really zoomed-in picture btw)

Later that day we went to Lagoon. This is us right before we went on Wicked. It's a roller coaster. And for those of you who don't know, Ben IS NOT a rollar coaster guy. I basically had to carry him onto this ride. Then after he said, "That wasn't too bad. It was kinda fun."
Silly boy

I'm trying to upload a video of Ben going down a water slide, I hope it works

Any way, the next day we went to the Bountiful Temple which was closed. We still got a picture though. and honestly and truthfully, I don't like how I look in this picture. but that's okay.

After that we went to the Jordan River Temple and did a session. It was so awesome. We were going to do the Draper Temple as well, but we were both just SO tired. So we drove to his sister's and chilled. then we to his other sister's and took a nap and stayed for the cousin's party which was actually really fun!
We decided to drive home that night, and it was fun because we cranked the music up loud and sang along.
I love my Ben! Believe it or not he's actually a really good singer. I'm teaching him a few things and he'll be great!
but yeah, that's our vacation.
I will post again soon with news of our new house. :)

No comments: