Pioneer day was Great! We actually went and picked up a bountiful basket which had tons of fruit and vegetables and it was so good. Then we went to the parade and helped our niece gather candy. Then we went to the park and watched the races. Ben tried to get me to do the 18 and older womens race, but I just didn't want to. Then I got Ben to do the 18 and older mens race. Then we ended up doing the husband and wife wheelbarrow race. I think we got 2nd or 3rd. We tried to go to Kanarraville Falls, but all of the sudden there was a flash flood warning, so we didn't go.
Sacrament meeting was amazing! The choir sang a medley of pioneer songs. A brother in our ward gave a talk and he read an account of a journal of an actual pioneer. But instead of reading the names of the people that died, he substitued names of people in our ward. Almost right off the bat, my nephew had "died" on the way over from England. All the people who died actually went up and sat in the choir seats and they were all wearing white. It was actually very emotional for me. I started tearing up, but I basically started balling when a little girl that I teach in Nursery had "died". It just hit me. I know her, I hold her every Sunday and I read her stories. I just cried and cried and thought about how the pioneers lost people the loved and they knew. oh and then my Mother-in-law "died". Oh and I "broke my leg in two places"
Nearing the end of the journal, the resucuers came and they reached the valley. My father-in-law "died" just after reaching the valley and was buried in the valley he had risked his life to reach.
We closed with the song, "Come, Come Ye Saints" I couldn't sing I was crying so much. It was such a great sacrament meeting and the spirit was definitely there.
1 comment:
Tia that sounds like it was an amazing sacrament meeting! I would have loved to have been there! You and Ben are so cute together and I love reading your blog! :)
Post a Comment