Monday, July 12, 2010

Wakeboard weekend!

So this weekend, Ben and I went to the lake with my Aunt Kim and Uncle Trevor. They have a pretty sweet boat, and Ben and I wanted to try and get out to the lake with them before we moved. Last summer, we both tried the wakeboard and Ben got up, but I didn't. I was determined that I would get up this summer.
Also, my little brother larson and cousin Riley tagged along. Later, my grandma came with her Jet Ski and my other cousins, Sammi and Isabelle. So we had a full crew. but it was such a blast. Grandma was pulling some of the kids on a tube from her jet ski, and Ben and I were having a blast on the boat. We took the boat out and all jumped in before we started wakeboarding and the water was SOOOOOOOO great! It was cold at first, but then wonderful. And when you got out of the water, it was just too hot and you wanted to get back in (yes it was that hot).
Anyway, Ben got up on the wakeboard and was trying to be cool by showing off his "moves" (which consisted of holding the rope one-handed, and moving from side to side haha) but he was such a hottie out there on that water.
When it was my turn, I got up on the board on my second try, screamed for a few seconds then fell off. haha! But after that, it wasn't hard to get the hang of it, and I really like it. I'm so proud of myself. :)

And I have to admit that I did take my camera with full intent of getting pictures of us up on the wakeboard. I had the battery charged and everything. But then I left it in Trevor's truck :( but it wouldn't have done me any good anyway because I left my battery at home! oh! I was so upset!

One more story......Larson, my little brother, liked to go knee-boarding being pulled behind the boat. He was all talk, but out on the water, his face said pure fear. haha then he would get off and start coaching everyone on how to do it. Ben tried and he got up, then it was my turn. While I was getting ready, grandma came and they switched up the kids on the jet ski. Larson went with grandma which makes me SO happy because if he saw my perfermance on the knee-board, he would never let me forget it! for some reason I just could NOT get up on it! I bruised myself in several places and just gave up. I'll try again next summer.....actually maybe the next.

Anyway, 4 hours later, Ben and I are very sunburned and very tired. I didn't even think to put sunscreen on my legs, and all my other sunscreen didn't last the whole 4 hours. So I'm pretty burned. CURSE THIS FAIR SKIN! Ben kinda has a life jacket sunburn. but we're getting over it, slowly but surely. But let me tell you, having sunburned legs is not good when you teach nursery and work at a daycare. The End
(pictures when I get them from Kim)

No comments: