okay so I keep laughing at how crazy life is sometimes.
Because this story involves tons of happenings, I have to update.
ya know how my house kept flooding? well the people in charge of the premises decided that they were going to move boys in and that would solve the plumbing problems. (we all knew that it wouldn't change a thing if there were boys or girls) so us girls fought so hard! We proposed that WE pay for a plumber to put a camera down the pipes to see what the real problem was. but they were still intent on moving us out. but on tuesday they did put a camera down and it WAS the pipes that were causing the problems! So they said that girls could stay and they were going to fix it. What was happening is that there were tree roots growing in the pipes so blocking sewage to get through. (I was moving out anyway but I was supportive of the girls)
As most of you know, I'm getting married in 26 days. I had a thought a couple weeks ago that I should transfer to Dixie so that I could be closer to Ben and wouldn't have to drive in the snow up to SUU for spring semester. I was super sad to be leaving SUU. So I told my boss that I would be transferring and he was super sad too.
So yesterday I completed my online withdrawal from SUU and applied at Dixie. Then when I got to work at SUU today, the Assistant Director of Admissions (my boss's boss) came in and asked if there was anything SUU could do so that I would stay. So he's arranging for Ben and I to go tour the SWATC where they have an auto mechanics program for Ben. And they're arranging a spot for Ben and I in married Scholarship housing. (originally that was Ben and I's plan. to get scholarship housing in Cedar but we found out that it was full and they were downsizing so we decided to live in hurricane. Now SUU is pulling all kinds of strings to get Ben and I to live here.)
anyway, my boss, Quinn, and I went down to the financial aid office to talk about scholarship housing. They said that the owners of the premises of all scholarship housing were needing 10 boys to fill a house where there used to be girls (hey that's me. So they had 10 boys accept scholarship housing but then the owners called and said "nevermind the girls are staying" so they have to find a place for these 10 boys to stay. plus 7 other boys.
I just feel like its all inter-connected around my life! but my boss sounds like its a done deal. Like Ben and I are going to get scholarship housing no matter what. but we'll see what happens. I'll find out later today......I hope it all works out!
1 comment:
Good luck! There are so many little stresses that come along while getting married. ITS SO SOON!
Post a Comment