So I know that most of you are anxious for details on the wedding. Everything is going great! I cannot wait to marry my best friend!! We have so much fun together and I know that sometimes during marriage it won't be that great, but I know we'll make it through.
Misty is our decorator for the reception and she always does a FANTASTIC job! I'm really excited. And she said that I chose a great color for the season and that purple is starting to be really popular.....well I don't care if purple is starting to be really popular because purple has been my favorite color FOREVER! So....it was my favorite color before it started becoming the rave of wedding colors. and I tell you that no matter if my wedding had been in spring, summer, or fall, my color would have been purple.
To tell the truth I never imagined having a winter wedding....ever. haha but hey there's no way I would put this wedding off until the spring! I just want it to happen ASAP! Ya know how little girls fantasize about their weddings from the age they can remember. well in my mind I was always going to get married in June. (cuz of the song) but then when I started really really REALLY liking Ben (okay so it was probably love) I realized that I didn't care when my wedding was as long as it was in the temple to someone who would love me forever. and now that I've found my amazing prince...a winter wedding sounds just great!
Ben and I have know each other for a LONG time! Our courtship led us through trials and different problems and I think that through that, our love grew. We know each other WAY better than we did a year ago.
As a matter of fact, it was almost a year ago that we first talked about getting married. haha It's crazy to think about how we were TOTALLY not ready to get married. but at that time I felt like I all I wanted was to be with Ben. but what is truly amazing is how much that feeling has grown and how much my love has grown! It's like comparing a tiny seed to a giant Redwood Tree!
haha I remember last year at a caroling and cookies party that we went to, someone came up to us and asked, "Are you guys engaged?!" and I said, "no" and the lady said, "oh! well you guys should get married! You are such a cute couple!" Little did she know that she was predicting the future.
Actually I think a lot of people knew Ben and I were going to get married, it was just a matter of when. Ben and I were constantly together, but then we would break up. haha when I was just first engaged a girl said to me, "I knew you guys were off and on, but I never knew when it was 'on' or 'off'. when I heard you were engaged I guess it was 'on'". haha
I love Ben SOOOOOO MUCH!! I can't believe that I get such an amazing man as my husband! and HE. IS. A. HOTTIE!! Seriously, he is so so handsome! Sometimes I wonder how a girl like me was able to get the attention of such a hottie when he could have talked and flirted with the "other" girls. (and by "other" I mean "girls-who-are-pretty-good-looking-and-get-any-guy-they-want") I know that I have my own kind of beautiful and I truely believe that it's because of Ben that I feel more beautiful. He tells me all the time how beautiful I am. Several times I catch him "checking me out" and then he'll say, "dang. you are so good looking!" haha I LOVE HIM! but I truely believe in the story of Mahauna and Johnny Lingo. Everyone thought that Mauhauna was ugly but Johnny married her and told her that she was beautiful and the next time the village people saw Mahauna she was beautiful. I think it works. :)
We don't really know where we're going to be living yet. It's still in the air. but I feel good about whatever happens. I would love to stay at SUU and we would have a house to ourselves. But I love Hurricane so I think I'd be okay with either one.
Well, I think that's enough rambling. I've got to pack. This is my last night in Cedar and then I move home! :) yay! I get to see Ben everyday!! whoo!!!!!!!
2 comments:
When I chose to have Plum as my color I kinda wished my wedding was in the winter. it will be SO pretty!! So excited for you.
HEY! you are beautiful, you always have been. I know what you mean about how when you love someone and you know they love you they do make you feel more beautiful, but you've always been gorgeous so no more talk of this you not being one of those 'other'girls.
Post a Comment