Wow! I haven't posted in quite a while! It's been quite difficult to do with 2 little boys taking turns wanting my attention.
Trey usually does really well with Travis and the fact that I hold Travis quite a bit. I usually try to make time for Trey when the little babe is sleeping. But sometimes Trey is just really not happy with the fact that I have to hold/feed/change his little brother because he wants my attention or wants me to do something for him. I usually explain to him that I have to do something for brother and then I'll get him whatever he is needing. I say, "Can you wait?" and he usually says "Da." (That's russian for "yes" don't ya know haha)
Travis is doing super great. When we went in for his 2 week appointment he was 1 ounce away from his birth weight. 2 weeks after that, I was having him weighed at the Health Department and he was 9 lbs 5 ounces. Breastfeeding is going a lot smoother than with Trey. Recently though, Travis has been such a stinker when it comes to sleeping. I'll hold him and get him to sleep, and then when I lay him down he wakes up! And then sometimes he'll be asleep in the little bassinet we have for him, and then his ever helpful older brother will wake him up. ugh. But there are worse things in life.
We had a reunion/party with Ben's siblings to celebrate the 50th anniversary of his parents. It was quite a gathering! The only one missing was Ben's little brother Jared who is on a mission. 50 years is a long time! Ben and I have almost been married 4 years. It doesn't seem that long, but at the same time, it seems like we've been married quite a while.
Speaking of my wonderful spouse, he brought me flowers and chocolate the other day. Just because. And I cried. haha! I'm such a softie! And he was particularly awesome because he brought me 3 king sized of my favorite chocolate. He said, "one from each of your boys". Gosh, I am so blessed to have him!
We're living with my grandma right now, and have been for just over 2 months. We're keeping our eyes open for a house, but we're pretty paticular and if we don't find what we want, we're just going to keep saving our butts off for a big down payment. But this the first time since we were newlyweds that we haven't had our own house. I REALLY miss having a place of our own. I love my grandma and she has been so generous and really great about us staying here, but there is just something about having my own house that I desperatly miss! I'm kinda hoping we find a house soon, but it's not looking so great because we're looking for something pretty specific and just can't find it, or we find it too late! :(
But all things are in the hands of the Lord and I know that we will be guided to where we need to be if we stay faithful and follow his ways!
That's all for this quick update and I'll try to get back with some pictures soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment