Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My growing baby

Well Trey is learning so many new things! He is SO SO SO CLOSE to rolling over! And he just loves to spit and blow bubbles. It's like he finally found his lips and he loves playing with them! ha ha it is so cute! He also loves to chew/suck on his fist and his burp cloth if it's near his face. I thought maybe he was teething, but I don't think he is anymore because I think he would be WAY more fussy than he is. We got him a bumbo for Christmas and I'm really excited about it. Of course Trey isn't getting too many things for Christmas this year, but I don't think he'll mind. We did buy him this really cute Santa hat that says, "My first Christmas" I'll have to put up a picture of it. It is so cute!
Have you ever had a Christmas present or known of someone who got their present before Christmas? Did it ever make you upset that they got their present before Christmas? Well this year, Ben and I got ourselves a camcorder. And I'm kinda having mixed feelings about it. Of course I want to use it Christmas morning but Ben and I (mostly Ben) have been using it already. Part of me wants to just put it away until Christmas but then Trey is so cute, I could just take video of him all the time! So I think we're just going to end up using it sparingly.
If you didn't hear the news, I'm going to start teaching piano lessons in January. The youngest age that I'm accepting is 7 years old or at least half-way through 1st grade. The reason being that they need to be able to read just a little bit so that they will be able to practice on their own. If we start any younger, it's a HUGE time commitment to the parent. If they can't read, the parent will have to sit down and practice with them. And if the parent puts that off, then it really is a waste of your money and my time as a teacher. It's just better that way if you know what I mean. So if you know of anyone that is looking for a piano teacher, please give them my name.
I hope that you are all have a great Christmas season! Remember that Christ is the real reason we celebrate Christmas. He is the greatest gift!

No comments: