Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Projects, and lost rings

So, I'm getting REALLY excited for our baby to get here! I recently bought some material and I wanted to make a car seat canopy, a diaper holder, and a baby blanket. (I'm really excited for the baby blanket, the material is really cute!)
So on the day that I bought the material I made the car seat canopy. It's reversible and I just love it. I can't wait until there is a little baby under there!




So now for the story:
Ben lost his wedding ring. He usually doesn't wear it on weekdays because he's working with motors and I'd rather that he have all his fingers than wear his ring everyday. haha
So on a Saturday he went to go check on a car that he had been working on the previous day, just to make sure it was working good and everything before his cousin drove it home (4 hours away.) Well later that day he couldn't remember where he put it. He knew that he had it while he donated plasma but couldn't remember after that. Well.............. after a couple days he called his cousin and asked him to check underneath the car hood above the right tire (or something like that) and there it was! His ring was still there after a 4 hour car ride!! Unbelievable! I was telling him that he was so lucky that it was still there! So yeah we're still married haha cuz he has his wedding ring back now.
But things are going so great! Ben is working a little bit at a small engine repair shop and looking for full time work. I know that it'll all work out in the end. But can you believe that there are only 50 days left till my due date?!?! I think that is so crazy! Sometimes I think I'm not mentally prepared to be a mother full time 24-7. I've helped with my younger siblings before but I've never had another human depend on me for food and comfort and all their needs ALL THE TIME! (I'm kinda freakin' out about it)
But mostly I'm excited to see what our baby is going to look like. I hope he looks a lot like his daddy. :)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm so excited for your baby Tia :)

And those silly boys....they never keep their rings on! Jed lost his when he was fishing and put it in his pocket....unfortunately we never found it :( BUT since we've got him a new ring he's been much better to keep it on!