Labor Day: (a LONG time ago, I know)
My mom and dad have had just bare floor (like the picture below) in their bedroom for three years!!! They even had the flooring that they were going to put in for three years!So Ben and I decided that was rediculous and put in for them on Labor day. It took us a few hours and turned out beautiful. I feel bad that it took us so long to get it done! You should see it now with their new bed frame, it is beautiful with the St. George temple on it. Wish I had a picture but I don't.
Resting while we get ready for the last finishing touches. (dad is kinda tired)
and VOILA!
General Conference:
Naomi and Ben and I went out for a little photo shoot and it was really fun! Naomi is beautiful! and we had lots of fun!
Ben's Haircut:
Ben's hair had gotten quite long (cuz I like it longer) and every time he would look in the mirror he would say, "ah, my hair is so long I can't do anything with it" so finally I said, "Well then cut it!" Simple solution don't you think? I thought so. His hair was so long! He loved to puff it out like this, I even have a picture of him as wolverine. but that's mine to keep :) haha
the after math of the cut:
The deer hunt:
I have never really gone on a deer hunt before. So this was my first time. We went up to Ben's cabin on East Zion. It was so beautiful.....only after the rain stopped. We had to leave the truck and get all four of us (Ben, Me, Kelby and Kelby's nephew Cody) on the fourwheeler! So scary! we were fish-tailing, mud flying all over the place! ugh. But later in the day the rain lessened
It was so beautiful up there. Still grean but with the fall colors starting to emerge, and this is Ben and I's first time hunting together :)
They tested me on my knowledge of deer tracking, they would say, "oh see the tracks? these are fresh" I would be like "huh?" So can you see the deer tracks in this photo? I had to take a photo so that I could tell people that I could see them :) haha
Kinda obvious, but I'm kinda dense that way I guess.
So we were sitting and waiting and watching to see some deer. We saw some does, and then I looked over and there was this huge buck! and I whispered, "There is a buck!" Oh then my adrenaline was pumping. As soon as the boys looked, it had put it's head back down to eat so the boys couldn't see it, then it came back up and the boys were like "oh!" So yes, our sucess was thanks to my great eagle eyes :)
Ben's Rugby Game:
Ben had a rugby game at UVU this past weekend and let me tell you.......I don't understand Rugby that well, but it's rough stuff! In the picture below, Ben is the one in the white shorts, so you can kinda only see his bottom half. My mom has some pictures on her camera of Ben so I'll have to get those. this picture below is of the 'scrum' this is where they push each other to see who can get the ball or something.
But the scrum is how ben get's these lovely things.
If you can't tell, on his face, he has some scratches and some burns/bruises
So yeah, that's our life right now. Oh, Ben and I were able to go to the temple when Karisa went through on Friday, and we felt such joy and peace. If I could, I would just love to Live at the temple!
I know that temples are places where we can feel the spirit of God and recieve personal revelation for ourselves and for our families. I'm thankful for all the many blessings we can recieve from the temple, Forever Families!! What a wonderful thing! I love Ben so much, that a forever without him, would probably be lonely and sad, and my own personal hell.
I KNOW that God loves us and wants us to be happy! That is why he has restored the true gospel to guide us back to him! This gospel was restored by the prophet Joseph Smith and I know that he saw God and Jesus Christ. I know that revelation he recieved, and that our Prophet recieves today is true Revelation from God our Heavenly Father. If we follow God's revelation it will help us back to him! Eternal Happiness with our families where we can be Gods and Goddesses, just like our Father in Heaven.
This church is TRUE! If we follow the principles of the gosple in our lives, we will be able to see the Lord's hand in blessing us for being obedient.
Love!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment