Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fat Man Squeeze!!!!

Okay so there is a hike here-arounds that is called Fat Man Squeeze. When I was younger, my family went there and I started to go through but I couldn't because I got REALLY claustraphobic. This is basically a crack in between 2 huge rocks!!!!! I swear this thing isn't even a foot wide! So Ben and I decided to go there. Ben (being the genius he is) went behind me, so that I went first. When it started getting SUPER tight, I started breathing really hard. I thought I was stuck!! Ben was behind me and he said, "Tia, you're fine." "NO I'M NOT! LET ME OUT!" and then he said, "Tia, look at me." "I CAN'T! MY FACE WILL GET STUCK!"
If Ben had been in front of me, I would have turned around and there would have been nothing that could stop me. There were times when you had to do kinda squat, or grap some rock in front of you and pull yourself forward! It was so scary! but I made it through! All because of Ben. He's amazing! I know that's how the rest of my life is going to be.....between a rock and a hard place! haha no I'm just kidding. But I know there will be times when things are tight and he'll help me get through :D

Little side note funny story though, so after we got out, Ben told me that it was called "Make Out Point" or something like that. (he knows from experience?!) So we found a spot where we thought no one could see us and started kissing....then we hear a family really close so we stop. They walk by and the little boy didn't see us until the last second. Then he disappeared behind a rock. a split second later we see him back track to look at us. haha!!! It was so funny!!! We laughed about it for a long time!

1 comment:

The Beatty Beehive said...

Life will be full of "tight spots", but together you can do anything! love you!