Thursday, January 14, 2010

Honeymoon!!!!

Well I'm really sad to say that the Honeymoon is over :(  I started school this week and so I don't get to see Ben very much cuz he's at work as well. Last week I didn't have school and He did have too much work. But just looking back on the Honeymoon was SUPER fun! :) I love him!

So Wednesday.....it's snowing as we drive to Zion. We took my car because it has 4-wheel drive, which made me scared that we might encounter some 4-wheel drive terrain! 


This is us as we're driving through Rockville. Kinda scary that he isn't looking at the road!!


So we drove ALL the way through Zion. We went up the switchback which made me a little nervous because it was snowing. (and Ben was going kinda fast!) but it was really fun! I don't think I've ever seen Zion in Winter time, it is really beautiful. We drove through the tunnel and eventually made it to our cabin! :) It's one of the smaller ones that was there but I think it's quite large! it had a kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, a laundry room, and a entry/TV room.




We got a pizza delivered (I guess it came with the deal or something) and we watched movies and snuggled (it was cold) as we ate our Hawiian Pizza. (we were trying to have some of Hawaii on our honeymoon haha Ben always wanted to go there on his honeymoon......we'll have to save that for honeymoon #2 :D haha)

Thursday morning I wasn't feeling well so Ben watched some movies while I tried to feel better. In the afternoon we went out and played in the snow.




We decided to go for a walk. The road was supposed to make a circle and come back around to our cabin. So we were walking and it was getting hot. We walked for about 20ish minutes or so and we probably weren't even half way. So we decided to cut through.....that means we trudged through 3 feet of snow to get back to the cabin! It was EXAUSTING! I was so tired! Ben's pant legs were FROZEN! It was funny because he's so tall, the snow pants that I found for him were too short! haha


Friday we just kinda lounged around until 12 and decided to go to Brian Head. So we took this incredibly long drive and when we got to the road that was to go to Brian Head.....it wasn't plowed and traffic wasn't allowed through. So we backtracked and took a different road. It took us 3 hours to get there! But we got there and Ben went snowboarding, I went skiing. I was the one who spent less time on their butt :) I think I'll stick with skiing forever. :) We had a good time.
I really like my purple headband :)


We had to do a funny face :)


This is us just before we left the cabin Saturday Morning.
I have to explain the matching shirts. I'm a girl so I plan my wardrobe WAY in advance. So I knew before we even got married that I was going to wear this shirt home on Saturday. Ben put on his shirt saturday morning before I was dressed and I was thinking, "OH NO! we match!" so it was kinda funny :) but technically it's Ben's fault that we matched.

It was so fun! and my car got SO dirty! but I can't wait til our 2nd honeymoon! even though I don't know when it is haha :)

2 comments:

Rach said...

It sounds like you two had SO MUCH FUN!! Aren't honeymoons just THE BEST!? :) Married life sure is amazing, huh?

Chelsey said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Snug lil cabin. Pretty romantic.