Up until this year, I really didn't care if Trey saw Santa or not. I knew that when he was 4 months old (his first Christmas) that he wouldn't have ANY idea what's going on so I didn't trouble myself in getting him to see Santa. His second Christmas he was 16 months old. And I still didn't think that he understood what Santa really was and I didn't want to be scared of Santa in the future just because I made him sit with a weird guy with a crazy white beard.
So this year I sat down with him and told him about Santa. I showed him pictures, and explained that if he told Santa what he wanted for Christmas, and then he was a really good boy, Santa would get him that for Christmas. This year, it's Tractors. And he is the one that says that.
So I now needed to find a Santa to take him to. Just so happened that the Library was having a Santa this last week so we went. I really enjoyed it. They sang songs, decorated cookies, colored, and a bunch of stuff while waiting to take a turn with Santa.
Trey did okay with Santa. He didn't cry but at the same time, he didn't look entirely comfortable. I know after Christmas and he sees his presents, he might be a little more keen on the idea next year. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment