Yes, I am another year older. And I'm not going to lie, but this was one of the best birthdays that I've had in quite a few years. :)
We were up north and spent the day with my sister and her hubby. When we first got there, they had a small easter egg hunt set up for Trey and he eventually got the hang of it (even if we had to point out a few of the eggs). Then they just happened to be having my favorite for breakfast. French Toast!!! YUM!
Then we went to the DI. I know that sounds lame, but the DI in Logan is actually REALLY nice! My mom bought me a few a shirts and I purposefully chose ones that would work while I'm pregnant and they'll work for after too (I love getting more use out of clothes!) And another one of my birthday presents was Ben getting a suit. (Yes I just said that BEN got a suit for MY birthday haha). It was a REALLY nice suit for $80 and Ben hasn't got a new suit since before his mission which was 6 years ago. I'm glad that he got it.
And let me go off on a tangent real fast. Ben's suit that he had on his mission was a good one, but it wasn't super good looking on him. Then when we got married, I made him rent a tux. He said that he couldn't tell the difference between his tux and his mission suit. ?????!!!! He feels the same way with this suit and his mission suit so I told him that we're going to take pictures so that he can compare and I'll probably share on here too so you can see what I'm talking about.
Anyway, after shopping at DI we came back to their house and had some delicious hamburgers made by my BIL Josh. They were so good! Trey went down for a nap and the girls then left to go shopping for Naomi's prom dress. We found an absolute beautiful one, well actually 2, and it was so hard to choose!
After that we headed back to the house and started dinner prep. Of course, my sweet sis wouldn't let me do anything, so we just chatted while she baked. She and my sweet BIL gave me an Essential Oils guide/book thingy and I've really enjoyed reading it! It's got some interesting facts and natural ways to cure everyday things with oils. I'm excited about it.
She made another of my favs for dinner: Lasagna and the best cake in the whole wide world: German Chocolate Cake. It was SOOOO good! And then to top the day off, she was sweet enough to give me an Aromatouch massage-thingy :) It was so awesome!
And I am especially grateful for my sister because I know she was just basically exhausted the whole day but it was still so amazing! I know it doesn't sound like much, but it was seriously the best birthday I've had for a long time!
We even had time to snap some pictures!
Such a nice trip, and it was a great birthday weekend! :) Now just move onward with packing and getting ready for this baby!


No comments:
Post a Comment