Friday, February 22, 2013

a house, pregnancy, and Trey

A whole bunch of stuff is right! I'm just going to warn you right now, this might be a long post.
Firstly, we put an offer on a house, but after A LOT of prayer, and pondering and evaluating, we decided that it just wasn't a good fit for us at this time in our lives. Especially financially. I was really upset because I really liked the possibilities that our family could have had in that house. But we're moving onward!
I'm not going to lie, but it was way stressful. I won't go into details, but let me just let you in on a little secret to tell if I'm stressed. I have eczema on my hands. It usually comes and goes, but when I'm stressed out it just gets way out of control. It's really annoying. So if I have splotchy, red hands it's because I'm stressed.

Now on top of all that, I started to have some lower abdomen pains. I tried to start taking it really easy and not over-work myself. These pains went on for like a week, and I still get them occasionally. The doctor said that it's round ligament pain because the uterus is not large enough to be supported by my other organs so sometimes the ligaments holding it in really have to stretch to hold it in place. When he said that I thought, "My uterus isn't big enough to be supported by my other organs?!?! I'm feeling huge!" But he said that it should go away in about 4 weeks.
I've pondered a lot recently about pregnancy. I remember when I was first pregnant with Trey and I thought that all those women who loved being pregnant were CRAZY! Then after I had Trey, I did miss being pregnant just a little bit. But now I'm pregnant again, and I've just plain decided that I don't like being pregnant. I don't like being fat; I don't like gaining weight; I don't like my clothes not fitting; I don't like not being able to do a lot of stuff; I don't like being sick; and I don't like gaining weight.
Yes, I know I said gaining weight twice. That's because I REALLY don't like it. I am super happy that I was able to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight before I got pregnant again. And after this baby I'm really hoping to get below my pre weight again. And I really think that I can do it.
Anyway, Trey is just so cute. Seriously I can't stay upset at him for long because he is just so adorable. I'm excited that the weather might finally be getting warmer so we can go to the park. :) I know he'll just love that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the house not working out, but glad you will still be in our ward! And can i just say.. DITTO. I do not like being pregnant either for all the same reasons. It's a good thing our sweet little babies make it all worth it! :)