Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

It's been forever since I blogged just because I'm feeling lazy as of late. Halloween was pretty chill this year, Trey went as Captain America and his costume was homemade and pretty cool if I do say so myself. I'll tell you how we did it after you see it. Ben went as Abraham Lincoln and made a ridiculously tall hat. We actually saw another Abraham at the trunk-or-treat, but his beard was fake so he wasn't as cool. haha I dressed up as a mom (meaning I didn't dress up at all) maybe next year we'll all dress up in a theme. We'll see.
 Seriously, Trey was so cute as he went trick or treating. We went to all the grandma's houses and then we went to the trunk-or-treat and he was just tuckered out by the end of it all. But isn't he just the cutest?


And old Abe. I was so happy that Halloween had finally come because that very night the beard was going away! I just couldn't stand it! This is 3 months worth of growing it out! It's just so gross. Ben took more pictures so that he could document since I told him that this was never happening again. He did make a nice Abe though. :) And sorry I cut the top of the hat off, I couldn't fit it all in my frame. That just gives you an idea of how tall it actually was. haha


oh and how we made Trey's outfit if you haven't guessed already, DUCT TAPE. yep, we just went to the store and bought white and red tape (cost like $4 each), some blue sweats and blue sweater and a blue hat. I made a little pattern for the stripes because I wanted it to come higher on the chest and then curve down, but a straight line would work too. Then Ben made the star and I made the "A" by putting some tape on a cutting board and using a knife to cut it out. Super easy, took like 30 minutes

No comments: