Sunday, August 21, 2011

Remodeling and other stuff :)

I have been meaning to blog for such a long time now! We have been so busy that I told myself that I had to do a quick blog update today so......
We've done quite a change to our little house. Here are some before pictures:
Sorry if they're blurry, some are from Ben's phone

These pictures are from when we first moved in. They had just put this new carpet down (which we got to pick out!) and I wasn't too crazy about the wood paneling stuff. So I showed Ben my idea to change it and he liked it so we went ahead and started the remodel.

This is the finished product. I'm so happy with the way it turned out. And we're eventually going to paint the top a different color but that can wait. We just wanted to get this one part done before the baby got here :) Oh and we still need to put floor trim down but that can wait. :)


I really like the way it turned out :) We also redid the baby's room! I don't have before pictures but it was basically the same colors and wood-stuff as the living room was. And this is how it turned out:

And I have to brag a little bit for myself. I painted all of those animals BY HAND! (well except the tiger, Ben did that) But I'm definitely not an artist so I was SO proud of how cute they turned out!

Other than that We've just been getting ready and waiting (impatiently) for the baby. My sister in law Susie took maternity pictures and I just LOVE THEM! They turned out SO cute! Here is the link to the pictures: Susie's Photography site.
Well, I've been staying pretty busy. I've been able to volunteer with the local volleyball team and that has been such fun! It makes me want to play SO bad! But I get to live vicariously through the girls and watch my little sister too :) They're doing great! That's about all that's going on for us! Hopefully the baby will be here soon and I'll overload this blog with pictures of his cute face! :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Tia its all so cute! Love the walls. Much better then the wood. And the baby's room is adorable. So happy and excited for you!!!

Josh & Ashli said...

!YAY! so excited that you were able to get some remodeling done before the little one comes! :)

The Beatty Beehive said...

You two are amazing! If you set your mind to something you get in and do it! Way to go!!

Shella said...

I love what you did to cover the wood. I also love your animals! What a cute idea! Good thing you have a cute baby now to put in that room. :)