So here is the story of the birth of our son.....
Labor day: I was really hoping to go into labor that day because I was just about done being pregnant. So Monday morning I went to Volleyball practice to help and I actually picked up a lot of balls thinking that maybe the walking around and bending over would help me get going. around 12 I just chilled at home because my hubby was at work and my mom was up on the mountain getting wood. (She told me I couldn't go into labor until she got back so I was a good girl and I waited) then Ben got off work early and we went over to St. George. I can't remember what we did while we were over there so obviously it wasn't too important. We came back and rented a Red Box (Battle L.A- I didn't think it was that great) and I made home-made pizza pockets. After the movie we watched a bunch of births from a video my mom had lent us. Which is funny because we had the movie at our house for over a week and just barely got around to watching it that night.
After watching those we decided to go down to the track and walk around. Before we left I used the restroom and as I was walking back out to leave I felt like I needed to go to the bathroom again. (I think that was because my water was leaking but didn't break) So we went to the track around 8:45 and walked a mile and a half. We got home around 9:30 and I got in the shower and that's when the contractions started. They were pretty strong right from the get-go but not strong enough that I needed to sit down. I was keeping track of how far apart they were but I didn't let Ben know for awhile because I didn't want him to get excited and then have the labor go away.
After my shower, I took a bath :) ha ha and then around 10:20 I had to get out and I went and laid on the bed. That's when the contractions got really strong. Ben did a really good job just supporting me and helping me relax. Around 11:30 or 12 Ben called my mom and she came over. When she got there that's when I started throwing up during contractions. let me tell you, that is like the worst thing ever!
We stayed at home until 1:30 that morning. I didn't want to rush to the hospital because I was afriad they would tell me I wasn't far enought along and to go back home. But when we got the hospital I made quite an entrance.....I threw up in the hallway haha. But by that time I had been in labor for about 5 or 6 hours and when they checked me, I was dilated to an 8. (I was so proud of myself) so they checked me in and got me into a room and checked me again and I had dilated to a 9. they told me that if I got an epidural that it would just be chasing the pain and the baby would be here before it kicked in all the way. But I opted for it anyway. While they were giving me fluids through an IV, I had a contraction that was about 4 minutes long. But after that, my contractions started to slow down so I was able to get an epidural. Then we labored for another 4 hours, but I didn't feel a thing so I don't mind.
around 8:00 the doctor came in and said, "Lets have this baby" We pushed for a little while and his head came out and the cord was wrapped around his neck. So while the doctor cut the cord, Ben got some gloves on and actually got to catch the baby.
He was beautiful and so wide awake right after birth. It was like no other experience I've ever had. We hadn't decided on a name yet. We had talked about Tristan and Tyrell but I told Ben that I wanted to hold him and see him first and then let the naming inspiration hit me. So as we were holding him Ben said, "So what's his name?" and I said, "Trey" and Ben said, "That's what I was thinking too" so that's how he got his name :)
We love him so much and he is constantly changing! He is such a good baby and there seriously can't be a cuter baby!
He sleeps so good at night and we're basically on a schedule already. I know about the times that he'll wake up and want to eat. And he is eating so well. We had a little bit of trouble with breastfeeding in the hospital at first but now all I have to deal with is the little bit of pain at the beginning. but I do it because I love him!
Ben is AN AMAZING DAD! He seriously can't get enough time with Trey. He loves to hold him and talk to him. He'll tell Trey all the awesome things that they're going to do when he gets bigger.
I love my little Family!
2 comments:
Congratulations, Tia and Ben! That is so very exciting! I can't wait. And I hope I can do most of the labor at home like you. I don't want to spend hours and hours at the hospital before hand. Oh, I'm just so happy for you.
I'm so happy for you two:) Sounds like you did awesome too! What a cute family:) I was waiting to hear the story so I'm glad to know everything went so smooth. Congrats times a million :)
Post a Comment